Like all students, you received an identifier with your enrollment and thus an e-mail box from the Universität Hamburg. The key data:
- 2 GB storage space
- Personalized student e-mail address according to the type email@example.com
- Easy login with your activated uni user account
- Flexible use via browser or any e-mail program
Your student e-mail address is THE central communication channel at the university:
- Questions: You need the student e-mail address for all inquiries at university institutions, for example at study or examination offices.
- Information: You will receive important information about your studies and the university via the student e-mail address, for example a monthly newsletter.
- STiNE forwarding: You can also forward direct messages from the Study Information Net STiNE to your student e-mail address.
- Study projects: You can also use the student e-mail address for student projects for inquiries to external persons to show that you are studying at UHH.
So it is best to integrate the student mailbox directly into your mail program or bookmark Surfmail in your browser.
Integrate your student mailbox in 3 steps
To learn how to set up your student mailbox, watch our short explainer video below and read the instructions below it.
Access your student mailbox via the web
Surfmail is a web-based e-mail program available to all students that allows you to conveniently check your e-mail from any internet-enabled computer.
If you have questions about Surfmail, please use our instructions or check the FAQ to see if you can get an answer to your question here.
Setting up the student mailbox on your personal device
If you would like to retrieve e-mails sent to your student mailbox on your personal device (PC, smartphone or similar), please use the instructions we provide for you.
What to do in case of problems or questions?
If you have questions about your student mailbox or Surfmail, it is best to first look at our instructions and the FAQ. There you will also find the current contact options of the Regional Computer Center, if your question is not answered there.